Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
Wonderful salad for the holiday seasons. Great to serve for dinner at home or to take to a family gathering. I loved this salad, it was a nice change from green salad. I got it from allrecipes.com.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp diced onion I used less
- 1 tsp Dijon style prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 head Romaine lettuce torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pear peeled, cored and sliced
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt. Process until well blended. With machine still running add oil in a slow steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth. Add poppy seeds, and process just a few seconds more to mix.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the romaine lettuce, shredded Swiss cheese, cashews, dried cranberries, apple and pear. Pour dressing over salad just before serving, and toss to coat.