Corky’s Memphis Style Coleslaw
I got this recipe out of a newspaper. This is the description on the recipe. This is the best slaw I've ever tasted. Most ingredients are the same as other coleslaws- the difference must be the celery seeds, vinegar and mustard. Don't leave anything out. It's perfect.
- 1 medium- sized head green cabbage ( tough leaves removed) cored and shredded
- 1 medium-sized carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 cups prepared real mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup granulated onion
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place the cabbage, carrots, green pepper and onion into a large bowl, Set aside
- In another bowl, mix together all of the remaining ingredients. Pour over the vegetables and toss well to combine.
- Cover the coleslaw and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving for flavors to meld.