Peanut Butter Supremes
These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever made. I got this from Kevin’s sister, Renda. She gave me this recipe when I was first married. I have made them tons of times and they are always a hit. You won’t be sorry you tried them.
- 1 cup shortening Crisco
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix shortening and peanut butter; mix well. Beat in sugars, beat well. Beat in eggs one at a time, until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and soda.
- Slowly add flour mixture into peanut butter mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape into balls and place on cookie sheet, Flatten each ball with a fork making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool on pan for a few minutes and then transfer to wire rack.