Its interesting how many different recipes you can find for pepperoni chicken. This one I have made for years. It is another one I got from my friend Jeri. I still love it and it is easy and only takes about 40 minutes.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 8 oz package sliced pepperoni
- 1 32 oz can diced tomoatoes
- cooked rice
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- In large frying pan heat oil, add garlic and chicken seasoned with garlic salt, season salt and salt and pepper. Brown chicken, turning to brown both sides.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In same pan add mushrooms, bell pepper and pepperoni, cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken back into pan cover with lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice or your favorite pasta.