Peaches with Ice Cream
I bought some peaches at a farmers market a few days ago. They were beautiful, I just love harvest time. I had two peaches left over and wanted to put them on some vanilla ice cream. A few easy steps and I had a wonderful peach sauce to go on our ice cream.
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon cornstarch
- vanilla ice cream
- Peel, slice and dice peaches. Place them in a saucepan.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch and place on peaches.
- Bring peaches to a medium boil and continue cooking a few minutes until it gets a little thick andhas a glossy look.
- Sprinkle with a good sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.
- Serve warm over vanilla ice cream.