I got this recipe from a blog called Food Mafia, I made this for the super bowl. They were really easy and yummy. I did make them in individual cookie size. Both kids and adults loved them.
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter divided
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Butter a large bowl, and measure out 6 cups of Chex cereal. Set aside. Butter a 9×13 dish, OR line a baking sheet with wax paper if you would like freeform scotcharoo's like the ones I made that are pictured.
- In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup and sugar over medium heat. Once boiling, immediately remove from heat and stir in 1½ cups of peanut butter. Pour over cereal and fold together. Pour cereal into the 9×13 dish, or use a large cookie scoop to drop cereal onto waxpaper. Use your hands to press together and form them.
- Using a microwave safe dish or a double boiler, melt together chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, remaining ½ cup of peanut butter and vanilla. If microwaving, heat in 10 second intervals, stirring in between to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Once smooth, pour over cereal, or scoop onto the piles you have created.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature.
I only used 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 1 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter. This was plenty of chocolate and I even had some left.