Chicken and Beef Fajitas
I like fajitas and love cooking them on the grill. I was watching Pioneer Woman the other day and she made this recipe. It looked so good so I tried it last Sunday when the kids came over. I did change a few things, and they turned out delicious.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder Pioneer Woman 1/4 cup
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin Pioneer Woman 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes I left this out
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 lbs skirt steak
- 2 med onions halved and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20-30 flour tortillas
- 1 lb grated cheese
- 1 8oz container sour cream
- 5 limes sliced into wedges
- In the blender, combine olive oil, chili powder, worcestershire, cumin, red pepper flakes (if using), garlic and lime juice. Next add the sugar, salt and pepper and blend the marinade until it's totally combined and smooth.
- Place the chicken and beef in separate 2-quart baking dishes or large resealable bags. Pour the marinade over the chicken and beef and rub the marinade all over the meat. Cover the dish and let marinate in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to high heat.
- Cook the chicken on both sides until completely cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove it to a platter to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Grill beef on both sides until completely cooked through, about 5 minutes in total, I cooked mine a little longer. Remove it to a platter to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Throw the onions and peppers in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the vegetables into a grill basket or you can place a large sheet of heavy duty foil sprayed with cooking spray on grill and place vegetables on foil. Grill until cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- To put together; Pile the veggies on a platter. Slice the chicken and beef.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm through on the grill. Serve the chicken, beef and veggies with the warm tortillas, grated cheese, sour cream, lime wedges and salsa. Enjoy!