Oven Fried Chicken
I made this recipe the other night. I love fried chicken and because of how much work it is and the mess I create making it, I don’t make it. I found this recipe from The Recipe Rebel. It tastes wonderful, almost like fried and was way less messy and so easy.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts trimmed and cut into 2-3 strips each
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the butter in a 9×13 baking dish and place it in the oven to melt.
- Combine the flour, salt, seasoning salt, pepper and paprika in a Ziploc bag and toss to mix.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat all the chicken pieces, do only two or three pieces at a time.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the chicken pieces in the melted butter, making sure the pieces are not touching or overlapping.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and cook 10-12 minutes.
- Flip the chicken using tongs and return to the oven to cook an additional 10-12 minutes on theother side.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove the baking dish from the oven and move thechicken to paper towels to drain any excess grease. Serve immediately.