Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
I love enchiladas, any kind of enchiladas. There are so many recipes for chicken enchiladas. I have used this one for years. I have tried others but I always go back to this one. It is not hard and is delicious. If you want to make it even easier you can use rotisserie chicken.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small can chopped green chili
- 2 cups cooked shreeded chicken
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan melt butter, add the flour and stir and let cook about 4 minutes. Stir often.
- Add the chicken broth and stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper and a little garlic salt.
- Turn off heat and add sour cream and green chili. Set aside.
- In a small skillet heat vegetable oil, dip corn tortillas in and out of hot grease one at a time. Just to soften; drain on paper towels.
- On each tortilla place about 2 tablespoon's chicken, some grated cheese and about 1 tablespoon of sauce. Roll and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Once all tortillas are rolled, and placed in baking dish, pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.