Grandma Cunningham’s Pimento Cheese Spread
My grandma Sylvia Cunningham, always had this cheese spread in the fridge when we came to visit. I hadn’t thought about it for many years. A few weeks ago something triggered my mind and I could almost taste it. I went and looked in my mom’s recipe file and there it was with Grandma Cunningham name on the top of the recipe card. Tastes almost as good, some forty years later.
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 13 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 4 oz jars diced pimentos
- In a large sauce pan beat eggs. Add evaporated milk and butter. Cook on medium high heat and stir continuously. Cook until this comes to a pudding like consistency.
- You need to stir constantly and vigorously. This is so the eggs don't cook in little clumps.
- Remove from heat and stir in pimentos and then Velveeta cheese.
- Continue stirring until smooth. Sometimes I put it back on the heat on low, so the cheese melts.
- When smooth, let cool and store in covered container in refrigerator.