Grilled Maple- Dijon Pork Chops
This recipe came from a blog called First Home Love Life. I always tell people to be sure they read the recipe all the way through. I should take my own advise and I would have seen that you should brine these pork chops. They were still good, next time I will brine them.
- 3-4 tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups apple juice
- whatever citris you have on hand
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 tsp of each: salt, pepper and thyme
- drizzle of light oil
- 4-6 medium pork chops
- Put all brine ingredients into a small pot on the stove and heat it until the salt dissolves.
- Then add it to a large ziplock and add some ice to cool it down.
- Add the pork chops, zip it up and let it set in the fridge as long as possible, 2 hours or 6-8 hours.
- About 1 hour before you're ready to grill take the chops out of the brine, give a quick rinse and pat them dry. Now it's time to make the maple Dijon marinade.
- Combine all marinade ingredients toss the pork chops in the marinade to coat and put them in the fridge for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat up the grill and toss the pork chops on.
- Cook approx. 5-6 minutes on each side for a medium high heat. You want them cooked through.
- Remove the chops from the grill and put them on a plate covered in tin foil to rest for 10 minutes.