- 1 12oz can of cola regular or diet
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook just until browned on each side (about 5 minutes).
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, and simmer an additional 30-35 minutes, turning chicken occasionally until cooked through and has reached 180 degrees.
- Serve with rice and steamed veggies.
Note: If you’d like a thicker sauce, once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and set aside. Make a slurry of 1/3 cup water and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Bring sauce to a boil and while whisking, pour in a bit of the slurry at a time to reach desired consistency (you may not need all of it). Allow to boil 1 minute and toss with chicken.