Chinese Fried Rice
Rice is one of my favorite side dishes. This is one of Jeri’s recipes I’ve had for years. I like this one so much, I haven’t tried many others. Easy and taste good, so that’s why I have always used it.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped ham or salad shrimp
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- Cook rice in water until done, let cool, keep covered for 15 minutes. If time allows, let cool in fridge.
- Heat oil in skillet until very hot; add eggs and cook for 2-3 minutes. Break in small pieces while cooking.
- Add onion, meat, rice, salt, pepper and soy sauce. Stir and cook over medium heat, about 8 minutes.