I love the combination of chicken and cheese. You can cut the chicken in smaller pieces and have nuggets or cut into strips. However you cut them, these are quick and easy and the kids love them. I used to make these and take them on trips with the kids.
- 4 chicken breasts pounded to the same thickness and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Place beaten egg in a bowl.
- Place some of the bread crumb mixture in a bowl. (add more as needed)
- Dip chicken in beaten egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat and add butter and oil. Place chicn strips in hot oil. Cook until golden brown. This only takes 3-4 minutes per side.
- You may need to add more oil and butter.
- Do not over cook!
If you place all the bread crumb mixture in one bowl, they will get wet from the egg and won’t stick to the chicken.