Chicken Noodle Soup
I have a old 7th ward cookbook that is held together by a rubber band. I don’t know what year it was put together, but I have made this chicken noodle soup so many times. It is easy and so good. The sister who submitted this recipe was Jo Ann Randal.
- 3-4 cooked chicken breasts
- 4-5 cans chicken broth
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups dry noodles
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped (or 1 tbsp dry parsley)
- 3 chicken bouilon cubes
- salt and pepper
- celery leaves chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Put chicken, broth, onions, celery, carrots, parsley, bouillon cubes, celery leaves, in a pot andsimmer until vegetables are fork tender.
- Add dry noodles cook another 5 minutes.
- Just before serving add cream of chicken soup and stir until mixed well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
I have a noted on the recipe for 1 1/2 cups it is 5 weight watcher points