Baked Chicken Chimichangas
This was a recipe I found when looking for something different and easy to make one night. I found this on "The Girl Who Ate Everything." This was easy and so yummy!
- 2 cups chicken chopped or shredded
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves crushed (I'm not a fan of oregano so I left this out)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped (2) I used a yellow onion and sauteed it a bit.
- 6 8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- diced tomato, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. Place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold opposite sides over filling. Roll up from the bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with desired topping and serve with salsa on the side.