Bang Bang Chicken
Amazing chicken bites, drizzled with sweet chili mayo sauce. This was so good and not hard to make at all. This came from the food blog called Damn Delicious. I love findingnew things to do with chicken.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Frank's hot sauce
- To make the sauce mix the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and Frank's hot sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with sweet chili sauce.