Bacon Wrapped Grilled Chicken
I got this recipe from Jeri Heal, years ago. I used to make this often, but for some reason I have not made it for a few years. I had not even thought about it until recently, when someone mentioned to Kevin they had made it. This chicken is so yummy, it does take a little extra time to pound the chicken, but this is so good.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices cream cheese finger sized
- 6 strips green chili
- 6 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- lemon pepper
- Between two pieces of plastic wrap pound each chicken breast until thin. This is so they roll up easy.
- Season each breast with salt and pepper and then place a strip of green chili on each breast and a slice of cream cheese.
- Roll chicken breast up tight. Make sure there are no holes where the cream cheese could leak out. Wrap a slice of bacon around chicken roll and secure with a tooth pick.
- Season with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Grill until done.
You can also bake these for 30-40 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees.