Brittany gave this recipe to Teri and she made some for Mom and Dad and then I got the recipe from Teri. This is a good granola recipe and easy to make. You can add or take away what ever you like.
- 4 cups uncooked rolled oats not instant
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut I used sweetened
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil Teri and I used coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple juice or water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped dried fruit raisins, craisins, white chocolate chips, etc
- 1 cup chopped nuts slivered or sliced almonds are yummy
- Preheat oven to 300. In a large bowl, mix oats, wheat germ, bran flakes, coconut, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small saucepan combine oil, honey, apple juice or water and brown sugar, heat until warm, stirring until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour oil mixture over oat mixture, stirring to mix well. Pour mixture into a shallow 9×13 or larger baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, stir in dried fruit and nuts.
- Remove from oven and cool, then store in airtight containers at room temperature.
- Use within 4 weeks