Southwest Stuffed Burgers
This is a yummy stuffed burger, I love trying different hamburgers. There is nothing better than a good BBQ hamburger, but if you're in the mood for something different, give this a try. This came out of a Kraft Food and Family Summer magazine.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise divided
- 1 pkg Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup colby and monterey jack cheese shredded or crumbled
- 1/4 cup salsa divided
- salt and pepper
- 6 tomato slices
- 6 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Mix meat, 3 tablespoons mayo and the taco seasoning mix, shape into 12 thin patties. Combine cheese and 2 tablespoons of the salsa, spoon over 6 of the patties. Cover each with one of the remaining patties; pinch edges together to seal. Salt and pepper patties.
- Grill 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through (160 degrees). Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tablespoons salsa and remaining 1 tablespoon mayo.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes, and burgers on bottom halves of buns; top with salsa mixture. Cover with tops of buns. Serve.
Stuffed patties can be covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours ahead of grilling.