Southern Baked Beans
I got this from one of Paula Dean’s cookbooks. I like that you use pork and beans and just dress them up. Just a little different than some other recipes for baked beans I’ve tried. Easy to double or even triple for a large crowd.
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 16oz cans pork and beans
- 3 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 lb bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over the stove on a dutch oven, cook onion in a little bit of oil until soft.
- Add Pork and beans, mustard, brown sugar, ketchup and lemon juice. Mix together.
- Top with bacon pieces. Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes.
Sometimes I cook the bacon first and then remove the grease. Gets rid of some of the fat.