Raspberry Pretzel Salad
This recipe comes from Teri’s sister-in-law, Linda’s daughter Hillary’s mother-in-law. I don’t know her but I do know Linda is a very good cook. This is a favorite recipe of all our family. There are lots of variations of this recipe, but this is the one we always use.
- 2 cups pretzels crushed
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 8 oz Cool Whip thawed in refrigerator for 3 hours
- 1 6 oz raspberry Jell-O set with 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package frozen raspberries thawed
- Combine ingredients in a 9×13 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and pineapple, stirring until combined. Fold in Cool Whip and put on top of cooled pretzel crust.
- Combine boiling water and Jell-O, stir until Jell-O is dissolved. Add raspberries to Jell-O. Set partially and pour on cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for several hours.