Mandarin Orange Salad
This recipe came from Teri, it is a nice light salad that always gets compliments when served. The dressing is easy and simple. The candied almonds are yummy and add a great crunch.
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 head lettuce torn
- 1 small bunch romaine lettuce torn
- 2 medium stalks celery diced
- 1 can 11 oz mandarin oranges drained
Sweet and Sour Dressing
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp snipped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of red pepper sauce optional
- Cook almonds and sugar over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar is melted and almonds are coated. Be careful, they burn easily! Cool and break apart.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a salad bowl.
- In a blender bowl (I use an immersion blender), add all dressing ingredients. Blend until smooth and combined.
- Pour dressing on salad just before serving.