I found this recipe on The Food network website. It is Paula Deen’s recipe. I have made a few changes to fit my likes and have made this often. I have made it just for Kevin and I and for our big family dinners. There are a lot of things that I think make this great. Browning the meat adds a lot of flavor, and the Worcestershire sauce makes it better.
- 3-4 lb boneless cross rib roast
- 1 tsp House Seasoning recipe follows
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion I use 1/2 cup
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 10 oz cans Cream of Mushroom soup original recipe called for 1 can
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup cup garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the house seasoning, salt and pepper all over the roast and rub seasonings into roast on both sides.
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown roast searing on both sides.
- Place meat in a roaster.
- Sprinkle the beef bouillon and crushed garlic on roast.
- Spread the onions on the roast.
- Combine in a bowl the cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce and water. Pour over roast.
- Cover pan with lid or foil and bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Mix ingredients and store in an air tight container for up to 6 months.