This recipe came from Bev Taylor. She and Tom have a Christmas party every year and this is always on their menu. Teri and Eric are always invited and always talk about how good this recipe is. Bev gave me her recipe and I love it.
- 3 lbs pork loin diced in 1 inch cubes
- 1 36.5 oz and 15.5 oz can of Hominy I don't drain mine
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 64 oz chicken broth
- 1 13 oz container frozen chopped mild green chili
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and cook for 8-12 hours.
Bev doesn’t use chicken broth, she uses water. I think the broth adds flavor. She only adds oregano and not cumin. You can try adding only 1/2 teaspoon and taste it or leave it out.