This recipe came from my mother-in-law, Velda Stowell. She has made this Caramel popcorn recipe ever since I’ve known her. This is something we all remember about her. Delicious!!
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cube butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 gallons popped popcorn
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. On medium high heat bring to a boil.
- Add butter and sweetened condensed milk.
- Cook over medium heat, until it reaches soft ball stage.
- Pour popped popcorn in large enough bowl that you can stir in syrup.
- Pour hot mixture over popped popcorn, mix together.
- Spread out on wax paper to cool.
If you like the popcorn really covered, leave some of it out and you can always add it later.