I got this recipe from my sister, Cindy. I love rice and chicken, add a little oriental flavor and you have delicious. Make sure you don’t over cook the chicken. This is really easy and my family always loves it.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 1/3 cup celery chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can crushed pineapple drained (I like pineapple tidbits)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp Accent
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 6 tablespoons butter in a 13×9 baking dish. Place in oven while preheating. When butter is melted and oven preheated. place chicken in pan, season with salt and pepper and bake 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter, add celery and onion. Cook until tender. Add chicken broth and rice. Heat to boiling, cover, reduce heat and cook 20 minutes. Add pineapple when rice is cooked.
- In a small saucepan mix sauce ingredients, cook until comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Remove chicken from oven, pour rice over chicken and then pour sauce over rice. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
I like a little more sauce so I usually make 1 1/2 the sauce.