This is my family’s favorite muffin recipe. I have made these hundreds of time over the years. This makes a big batch so you can have them 2 or 3 times. This recipe has buttermilk in it, unlike other recipes that have milk. The buttermilk gives it a great flavor. Serve them warm with honey and butter. Breakfast doesn’t get any better.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 5 tsp baking soda
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups flour
- 3 cups All Bran
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and salt until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a seperate bowl, mix buttermilk and baking soda. This rises in volume so you need a large bowl, or like an 8 cup measuring cup.
- Alternate adding flour and buttermilk into the butter and egg mixture, beating after each addition.
- When all combined, stir in All Bran. Pour in greased muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Store any leftover muffin mix in container with lid in refrigerator. When you reuse, do not stir again.