Ham and Cheese Sliders
I have made these ham and cheese sliders for several different occasions. We made these for 200 people when our youngest son got married. We have had them for family dinner. They are so easy to put together, they are delicious and can also be made the day ahead. I got this recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
- 24 white dinner rolls I used Hawaiian rolls
- 24 pieces of honey ham sliced thin
- 24 small pieces of Swiss cheese the size of the roll
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
Poppy Seed Sauce
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp minced onion I don't add onion
- 1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all the sandwiches. You do not have to use all the sauce. Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown. Serve warm.
Sandwiches can be made 1 day ahead, any longer and the sandwiches get soggy.