Jell-O Poke Cake
There are lots of recipes out there for Jell-O Poke cake. I got this from a lady I worked with at the City of Farmington, named Delores. She always had a good recipe to share. This is easy, our grandkids love it, and it looks fun.
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 large Jell-O any flavor you like (we like strawberry)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups pop same flavor as Jell-O
- 1 small instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- Mix cake mix as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, while cake is baking, mix Jell-O and hot water, stirring until dissolved then add pop. It foams up so be sure to use large enough container.
- When cake is done remove from oven and using a wooden spoon with a round end, poke holes all over cake. Then pour Jell-O mixture in all the holes. Let cool.
- When cake is cool, in a large bowl mix instant vanilla pudding and milk. When it is mixed and thickens add the cool whip and then frost cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate any leftovers.