Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
I got this recipe out of a Taste of Home Quick Cooking magazine the October 2000 issue. I have made this several times and it is always a hit. It is easy and quick to put together. You do have to allow time for freezing. Great summer treat!
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 large Cool Whip thawed
- 1 11 oz jar hot fudge topping for ice cream
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half ice cream sandwich along the short side of ungreased 13 x 9 pan. Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the pan. Spread with half the Cool Whip . Spoon half the fudge topping by teaspoonful's onto the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the peanuts on the fudge.
- Repeat layers with remaining ice cream sandwiches, cool whip, fudge topping and peanuts.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve.