Corky’s Memphis Style Coleslaw
This is the best coleslaw I’ve ever tasted. Many of the ingredients are the same as in other coleslaw– the difference must be the celery seeds, vinegar and mustard. Don’t leaveanything out. It’s perfect. I got this out of a Albuquerque newspaper years ago.
- 1 medium head green cabbage (tough leaves removed), cored and shredded
- 2 medium sized carrots peeled and grated
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp grated onion ( I know I said don't leave anything out, but I leave out the onion)
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon style mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, vinegar, celery seeds, salt and pepper.
- Add cabbage, carrots, green pepper, and onion and toss well to combine.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving for flavors to meld.