I got this recipe 40 years ago from my sweet mother in-law. This is the best pumpkin pie I’ve ever made or tasted. It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without this pumpkin pie. It isdelicious and is so easy to make.
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin
- 1 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, except pie crust, in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. The filling will be runny.
- Cook at 375 for 50-55 minutes, until a butter knife when put in middle of pie comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip