Best Ever Chicken Salad
I got this recipe from my sister-in-laws, years ago. They are both the sweetest and kindest people you will ever meet. I have both Renda and Jill’s name on this recipe so I’m not sure who’s it is, so I will give them both credit.
- 5 cups cooked cubed or shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 13 oz can of pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 11 oz can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- Combine the first five ingredients and let stand while preparing the other ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients and allow a few hours to chill in refrigerator.
- You might need to add a little more salt.
- Serve on crescents.
I have also added 3 cups of cooked rice and about 1/2 cup more mayonnaise and served this as a salad.