Uncle Warren’s Enchiladas
I remember eating these enchilada’s at my Uncle Warren’s. They are a comfort food to me. I made these when all the cousins got together and found out I don’t remember them like my cousins do. They said there dad served them on crispy tortillas and I always remember eating them on toast. I don’t know who is right, but I like toast.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cube butter
- 4-5 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 small bottle ketchup around 20 oz
- Worcestershire sauce 1/2 tsp, give or take
- garlic salt to taste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- ketchup bottle of water
- 1 1/2 lb hamburger fried and seasoned
- lettuce chopped
- tomato chopped
- cheese grated
- toast or corn tortillas fried crisp or baked
- Sauté the garlic cloves in butter, just until they start to turn a little brown.
- Combine all remaining ingredients through hamburger, and let simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve on toast or corn tortillas.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes and grated cheese.