Slow Cooker French Dip Salad
These sandwiches are amazing and delicious. Anthony and Megan brought them to our Super Bowl party and they were a hit! They got the recipe from Cooking Classy, it took 5 minutes prep time, then sit back and relax. A great crock pot meal.
- 2 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 14.5oz can beef broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce if using regular, just reduce the salt added
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp liquid smoke flavoring
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 6 hoagie buns or 2 crusty baguettes cut into thirds I prefer the baguettes, they don't get as soggy
- 6 slices Swiss cheese provolone or muenster cheese is optional
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, liquid smoke flavoring, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Pour mixture over roast in slow cooker, cover slow cooker with a lid and cook on low heat 8 hours.
- Remove cooked roast from slow cooker and place on a cutting board, reserving broth in slow cooker. Shred roast with two forks. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain reserved broth from slow cooker into a bowl.
- Return shredded beef to slow cooker (no more cooking necessary) and pour 1/2 cup broth over shredded beef and toss to evenly coat. Sandwich beef between hoagie buns or sliced baguettes (buttered and toasted, if preferred) and top warm beef with sliced cheese.
- Serve immediately with a side of remaining reserved broth for dipping.