Almond Joy Cookies
If you love Almond Joy’s, then you are going to love these cookies. Packed with shredded coconut, crunchy almonds and melty chocolate chips. These cookies are perfect for coconut lovers. We made these for Hillarie’s wedding and it came from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted dry roasted almonds finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla extract and almond extract. Add the flour mixture a little at a time and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the coconut, chocolate chips and almonds and stir until just incorporated.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until set.
I don’t think I found dry roasted almonds, so I just roasted them in a pan.