1. Cut chicken into 2x1/4-inch strips.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add ham, green pepper, and mushrooms to chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer
4. Add tomatoes to chicken mixture; cook 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer.
5. Meanwhile prepare rice
6. Uncover skillet, add cheese and let cheese melt, about 3 minutes longer. Serve hot over rice